Monday, June 2, 2014

Food and Travel...an Amazing Combination

So...I've been a bit of a slacker lately in the cooking and blogging department. But those of you who regularly stalk me on Facebook know that a large part of that is due to my impending vacation. Which starts...tomorrow.

But before I get in to the specifics of where I'm going, I did want to talk a bit about the way I like to travel. I've been asked before how I go about picking my destinations. Sometimes they just fall in my lap. Other times, it's to check something off my list that I've been wanting to see for a while. My upcoming trip is just that. I'm going to a friend's wedding in Ecuador and am following it up with a trip to Peru to see Macchu Picchu which has been on my list for a while.

But one thing that often is a driving force in my destinations is food. I want to explore the culinary scene of any place I'm traveling to. From street food to fine dining, I want to try it all. I've also had the pleasure of taking cooking classes in country, which is hands down an amazing experience. I've done it in both Barcelona, where I took a tapas class, and in Thailand, where I took a Thai food cooking class. Peru will be no exception as I have signed up for a class to learn all about how to make chocolate, as well as make some of my own. If you're planning a vacation and interested in booking a cooking class or some other type of educational excursion, I recommend www.golearnto.com.

Plus, I'm told that I should be prepared to be amazed at all the food in South America. From ceviche to pupusas to the illustrious guinea pig (no joke), I'm looking forward to reporting back on all my adventures.

So until then, I must say "adios" until later in June, when I will pick back up on the cooking and the blogging.

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment