This pasta salad recipe is really easy and makes for a small army. After having 9 people over for brunch on Sunday, I still had several servings left for myself for lunch this week.
Orzo Pasta Salad (serves a small army, or maybe 10 hungry women)
- 1 pound orzo
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 oz. grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 2/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- balsamic vinegar (to taste)
Directions:Cook orzo as instructed on package.
Toast pine nuts in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil until lightly browned.
Once pasta has cooked and cooled, toss all other ingredients together with the olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar (I used maybe 1/4 cup). Another option would be to use an Italian vinaigrette dressing.