Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chopped Cherry Chicken Salad

As I mentioned earlier this week, I wanted to keep things simple this week. My refrigerator/freezer crapped out on me a week ago so I lost a lot of my pre-made meals and other goodies when my freezer thawed out. Fortuantely it has since been repaired, but this is the type of week I would have relied on my pre-cooked meals to get through. Lots of work, social events and travel make it hard to commit to cooking as much as usual. So in the spirit of my friend Nick's cookbook (available for sale on Amazon...check out www.macheesmo.com for more information), I took a rotisserie chicken and repurposed it another way. This recipe is one of four chicken salad variations that Nick includes in his book. My apologies for the less than appetizing photo, but I swear it was very tasty! :)

Chopped Cherry Chicken Salad (serves 4-6)


Ingredients:

  • 4 cups shredded chicken
  • 2/3 cup of greek yogurt (Nick used mayo, this was my variation)
  • 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
  • 1 cup walnut or pecans, chopped
  • 1/4 cup shallot, diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 2 TB fresh tarragon or thyme
  • 2 TB apple cider vinegar
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Toss everything together and taste. Seriously, chicken salad is ridiculously easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment