I cut the recipe in half, so you can easily double this for larger portions or more people. For the salad, I served them on a bed of spinach, with tomatoes, cucumbers and light honey mustard dressing.
Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders (serves 3-4)
- 1/8 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 3/4-1 lb of chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 TB grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Rosemary leaves (optional)
Instructions:Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, nuts, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.