Pad Thai (serves 2)
- 7 oz. fresh noodles (or dried noodles, soaked in water for about 10-15 minutes)
- 2 TB cooking oil
- 1.5 oz tofu, sliced into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 oz chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3.5 oz bean sprouts
- 2 TB ground roasted peanuts
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 TB fish sauce
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 2 TB oyster sauce
- 2 TB tamarind paste (or lime juice)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
DirectionsHeat cooking oil in wok over low heat. Add tofu and fry until turned golden brown.
Add shallow and the eggs and scramble well until egg cooked. Then add rice noodles and water, stirring well until noodles get softened.
Add fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, tamarind paste, sugar and chili powder, mix well until the noodles turn brown.
Add chives, bean sprouts and roasted peanuts. Stir fry quickly (5-10 seconds) ensuring everything is well combined. Can keep on high heat for half a minute to dry all the water and sauce.
Turn off the heat and serve with extra sugar, peanut, chili powder and piece of lime.