Potato and Corn Chowder (serves 4)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups prechopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 pound baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
InstructionsHeat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper and 3/4 cup green onions, and sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Increase heat to high; add corn, water, seafood seasoning, thyme, red pepper, and potatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Remove from heat, and stir in half-and-half, chopped parsley, and salt. Place about 1 1/2 cups soup in each of 4 bowls; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon green onions.