Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Minor Setback and Slight Schedule Change

I haven't cooked in a week. My culinary pursuits this past week have consisted of how to make plain saltines more interesting (impossible task) and the important question: fruit punch or orange gatorade?

In case it isn't obvious, I've been sick. With the Nuro-virus. And after a visit to an urgent care center and getting a liter of fluid via an IV, I was urged to eat plainly for a few days and to get a lot of rest. So that's what I've been doing. I went a little crazy and made a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch today. Living on the edge, I know. But you have to start somewhere. And I'll be heading back to the office tomorrow.
Obviously this isn't my usual food shot.
But I love this photo of my nephew and he's
with something that could be someone's dinner.
Close enough. :)
This means I'm a bit behind on preparing for what was going to be a quiet next few weeks on the blog. Not completely silent, mind you, becase I can't JUST SHUT UP. But, not my usual two posts a week, more like one if I'm lucky.

The reasons for this are two-fold. 1) Work is insanely nutty and will be until the first week of March while I work on a special project. This is not the cool reason. 2) The cool reason is that I will be recipe testing for my friend Nick's first cookbook, which will be released in 2014. I often call out recipes from Nick's blog, www.macheesmo.com, because they're awesome and I often feature them in my own cooking. Nick is truly talented and a great food photographer/writer and so I jumped at the opportunity to help him out. So I'll be testing some of his recipes over the next month, but because the book isn't coming out until next year, I can't share them. So...I'll be cooking in secret a bit.

But I vow to try and stick with at least 1 post a week for the next several weeks, as to not let this quietly die.

No comments:

Post a Comment