Friday, March 29, 2013

Cooking Through My Freezer

Last week I faced a big problem in my kitchen: a faulty refrigerator. The temperature in the fridge area raised into the 60s but the freezer continued to keep everything frozen. It seems to be working now, but the freezer has been problematic for a while now and I'll likely replace it in the coming weeks.

Until then, I moved some of my meat items from my freezer to a neighbors. Some items are a bit freezer burned so I'm worried that the quality may suffer when I cook these items, but I need to relieve my neighbors of the burden of holding my meat. (that's what she said?)

I have several types of frozen meat available for my use, but I'm asking YOU, my faithful following to help me decide what to cook first.

My options are as follows:

  • 1 pound of pork tenderloin
  • 2 bison burger patties
  • 8 oz ground turkey
  • 8 oz skirt/flank steak
Either comment below or on my Facebook wall to let me know what I should cook for next week. Also, if you have a particular recipe in mind, send it along!

1 comment: