Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Salmon with Sriracha Sauce

It's some kind of cruel punishment when you can't spell something you cook with often. This is the case with Sriracha Sauce. I always have a bottle of it in my fridge, I cook with it often, yet I always have to triple check the spelling. A friend of mine has often referred to it as Rooster Sauce (because of the image on the bottle) and I might have to start doing the same. Cock-a-doodle-doo. Have I mentioned I haven't been sleeping well lately? :)

So this is a very simple recipe that I got from SELF magazine, which included a feature on Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook: "It's All Good."  Of course, they indicate in the recipe that you can buy the book to get Gwyneth's personal sriracha sauce recipe, but I'm good with the rooster. This had a nice flavor to it and wasn't overly spicy. I might opt to marinade the salmon in this for a bit before cooking. But I like my food like I like my men...muy caliente.

Salmon with Sriracha Sauce (serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
  • 1 TB maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
  • 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
  • 1 1/4 lbs salmon fillet, skin removed
  • 2 TB coarsely chopped cilantro
Directions:
Heat oven to 425°.

In a bowl, whisk together juice, zest, syrup, sriracha and salt.

Place salmon in a baking dish lined with parchment paper; pour lime-maple mixture over top. Roast salmon until cooked through and flaky, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve.

I served this with asparagus and the orzo spinach salad I made last week. I'm practically making that salad once a week now. It's awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment