Sunday, October 20, 2013

Steamed Green Beans with Lemon-Mint Dressing

I've been MIA for awhile. This is mainly due to my Western vacation, where I ate my way through Arizona and San Francisco. I'll be blogging about all those wonderful foods later this week, but here's something to tide you over in the meantime. This simple side dish I made a few weeks before I left and has a great flavor, without the mint overpowering anything.

But first...how happy am I to receive my newest issue of Cooking Light? Pretty damn happy. I don't always mention it on here, but most of what I cook is straight from this magazine, with the occasional modification. I'm a big fan of the holiday double issue and you damn well better believe I'm going to be making that sweet potato and bacon soup on the cover...

 

 

Steamed Green Beans with Lemon-Mint Dressing (serves 4 as a side dish)


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb green beans, trimmed
  • 2 TB finely chopped fresh mint leaves
  • 1 TB minced shallots
  • 2 TB fresh lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 TB extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Directions:

Steam green beans 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.

Combine mint and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add green beans to bowl, and toss to coat.

I found these to be best warm, but I think they could be good chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment