Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cinnamon-Sugar Mini Muffins

It's a fairly rare occurrence that you can look at a recipe and realize that you have EVERYTHING needed to make it. No need to go to the store. Knock on a neighbor's door for a fraction of a teaspoon of a certain spice. These are a rarity, even with the amount of cooking that I do!

We have a snow day today. And if you're anything like me, you try to be productive in your home and find this a good time to cook food. But I have a ton of leftovers from food I'd made earlier this week, so I find myself uninspired to make more food at this time. And I elected not to run to the grocery store in a panic yesterday. I had my toilet paper. I had my milk. I had my leftovers. I'm good for a few days as far as I'm concerned. But maybe you want to bake and need a little inspiration. I'm here for you. And so is this recipe.

I made these mini muffins last week. They are simple and I'm guessing many of you have the needed ingredients already. So bake away, you won't be disappointed. They taste a little like Snickerdoodles...for breakfast!

Cinnamon-Sugar Mini Muffins (makes 2 dozen mini muffins)

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground allspice
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup fat-free milk
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
Topping:
  • 2 TB sugar
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
Directions:

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice. Combine the egg, milk and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into greased or paper-lined mini muffin cups.

Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until muffins test done. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon.
 
Brush the tops of warm muffins with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment