Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pears with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto

Today is Oscar Sunday. Anyone who knows me knows two things. 1) I'm a movie fanatic. 2) I love to have people over for food to watch particular TV events. Such as the Super Bowl. The Oscars. World Cup. You name it. And Oscar Sunday this year is no different. While I will be making my posole for some friends (as you'll recall, I had a bit of pork left over after that debacle, so I froze some large chunks of meat for later), I wanted to share a simple recipe that I made for a party late last year. So if you're going somewhere to watch the Oscars and need to make a simple appetizer, this will do the trick!

Pears with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto (serves 6-8)

Ingredients:
  • 2 pears, such as Bosc or Bartlett, each cored and sliced into 8 wedges. Toss with lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
  • 3 oz. blue cheese, cut into small pieces
  • 6 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in half, lengthwise
  • 1 cup arugula
Directions:

Roll up an arugula leaf, a piece of pear, and a piece of cheese in the prosciutto. Yep, that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment