Friday, March 21, 2014

Last Call for Soup!

The first day of Spring has come and passed. Yet the DC area is calling for yet another snowstorm next week. Hopefully it will be relatively quick and harmless and this whole "in like a lion, out like a lamb" thing can happen already. Because I'm over the off and on snow. And the sniffly cold I've developed as a result is over it as well.

So for this post, I want to offer those of you who are still experiencing the chill of winter, a few of my favorite soup recipes to try before soup season is over. Which I hope is any day now. I'll actually be posting one last soup recipe of my own next week, but here are some favorites to whet your appetite. Two vegetarian options (though one is so rich you don't miss the meat!) and one chicken option. Something for everybody.

And I go more the Oprah route when it comes to soup. You get a soup! And you get a soup! No Soup Nazi here!

Senegalese Peanut Butter Stew: Still hands down, one of my favorite soups to make.

Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup: I made this twice this winter and just enjoyed my last frozen coup. Savory with a hint of sweet, this gets better every day it sits and the flavors get a chance to meld.

Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup: Seriously easy, and seriously good for a more delicate palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment