Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup (serves 4)Ingredients:
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 TB no-salt-added tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides. Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute.
Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
Stir in couscous, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind.