Monday, May 19, 2014

Trader Joe's Fajitas

The long awaited, much anticipated Trader Joe's arrived in the U Street neighborhood a few weeks back. Like many of my neighbors, I was very excited to have another grocery option in the neighborhood, especially a Trader's Joes.

It had been a while since I had been to one, but I decided to venture during a lunch hour during the work week when I found myself working from home. Because from everything I had heard, it is a madhouse any other time. I was in the mood to make what I used to fondly refer to as "Trader Joe's Fajitas" back when I regularly went to Trader Joe's when living in Virginia.

They're quite easy, but I can attest to their flavor. All you need to do is buy the following items from Trader Joe's.

  • Pollo Asado Marinated Chicken
  • Reduced Carb Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
  • Corn and Chile Salsa (Seriously, this is awesome salsa. Sweet with a hint of spice.)
  • Vidalia Onion
  • Whatever other toppings you like on chicken fajitas.
I grill the chicken on my grill pan, with the thickness of the cut of the meat, it usually takes 4 minutes a side. I also sauté whatever else I happen to have around. This time I went for an onion, cooked with salt, pepper and a dash of canola oil.

Even the most accomplished of chefs have a go-to shortcut for making a great dinner. This is mine.

On a side note, since this makes a lot of chicken, I decided to forego the tortilla and included all the ingredients over a spinach and arugula salad for a lighter lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Just received a check for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can get filling out paid surveys online...

    So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid over $500 for doing paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete