Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chicken wrap

When I first got back from Texas, it took me a few days until I managed to get to the grocery store and to cook again (but I made up for it this past weekend while I was home sick with a cold!)

Whenever I don't pack my lunch for work, I tend to get a wrap from the cafeteria at work. Don't get me wrong, the wrap is ok in a pinch, but a bit pricey for what you're getting. So I thought it would be a good idea to make some of my own wraps. For the record, it's hard to photograph a wrap to see its contents, so I shot it open-faced. It may not look like much, but I'm making these again this week.

Chicken Wrap (makes two wraps)

Ingredients:
  • 6-8 oz chicken breast tenderloins
  • olive oil
  • lime juice
  • cumin
  • salt
  • pepper
  • chili powder
  • bibb lettuce
  • small avocado
  • 2 wheat tortillas
  • light ranch dressing
Directions:

You'll notice that I didn't give precise measurements for many of these ingredients. I kind of just winged it, but I think 1/2 tsp each of the dry ingredients would work. Combine the dry ingredients with the olive oil and lime juice. Marinate the chicken in this mixture for 30 minutes.

Cook the chicken on a grill pan until cooked through, 5-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Let cool slightly.

Place a small amount of light ranch dressing on the wrap. Lay bibb lettuce on top. slice avocado and put 1/2 of it on one wrap. Add chicken. Wrap up and serve. It can be tricky to keep an avocado in good condition after a few hours, so I wrapped the half with the seed in it tightly with plastic wrap and used the second half for another wrap the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment