Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin

When I went to make this last week, I double-checked to be sure I hadn't posted it on here before. I was very surprised that I hadn't because this is something I used to make all the time, especially when having someone over for dinner. It never disappoints and dinner guests always think it is a much more complex dish to make than it really is. Probably because it tastes so damn good. I don't really think you can screw up pork tenderloin, but if you're looking for a simple recipe that you'll likely have all the ingredients for in your pantry, this is it.  I served it with scalloped potatoes with spinach.

Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin (serves 4-6)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
  • 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
  • 1 TB dried basil
  • 3 TB olive oil
  • 1 TB fresh ground pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
Directions:

Moisten tenderloins with water. Combine all ingredients and mix to blend. Press bread crumb/herb mixture over tenderloin and place on rack.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for 30 or more minutes. Thicker ones may take 35-40 minutes. Don't overcook. I checked mine with a meat thermometer. 170 degrees for medium well done is what I cooked mine to.

No comments:

Post a Comment