Monday, April 21, 2014

Oven-Roasted Crispy Kale...Oh and Tilapia!

I've been following into a pattern lately where I may have a weekend of overindulgence (case in point: Easter weekend brunch, but I'll talk more about that later this week), followed by a week when I want to eat light to make up the difference.

So tonight, I revisited an old favorite: Beer Battered Tilapia with a Chile-Mandarin Orange Sauce. This recipe is pretty light on the battering and doesn't come across like an overly fried fish. Or at least that's what I tell myself when I want to "eat light."

To accompany the fish, I made my first crispy kale in the oven. And while some pieces got a bit more brown than I'd like, all in all I was happy with the results. The kale recipe is below.

Oven-Roasted Crispy Kale (serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 2 bunches of kale
  • 2 TB olive oil
  • 2 large garlic cloves, minced
  • Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 TB toasted sesame seeds

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse kale and pat dry thoroughly. Remove and discard thick ribs and roughly chop leaves. Pat leaves dry again. Toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet. 

Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every five minutes or so, until leaves are tender, crisp on edges and slightly browned. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment