Monday, April 2, 2012

Israeli Couscous with Mediterranean Flavors

I was a lucky girl last week. I had someone cook for me, I was treated to dinner out by an old friend, and I had a fun-filled weekend where I didn't have to lift a finger in the kitchen. On Sunday, I played in an alumni kickball game with some old friends and was pleasantly surprised to hear that some of them had either tried one of the recipes I've featured in this blog, or regularly read it because like me, they love food! So this gave me some renewed energy to get back in the kitchen this week.
Tonight's recipe was incredibly easy, taking me maybe 20 minutes from start to finish. This was perfect for an easy weeknight dinner and hit the spot after hitting the dirt for a run on the Mall.

Israeli Couscous with Mediterranean Flavors (serves 3)
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup uncooked Israeli couscous
  • 6-8 oz cooked chicken breast
  • 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 (7 1/2-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions:

Season chicken with salt, pepper and a little bit of garlic powder. Cook in a skillet until done.
Bring water and chicken broth to a boil in large saucepan. Stir in couscous. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender.
Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment