Monday, July 15, 2013

Roasted Corn with Manchego and Lime

First things first...I just noticed that this is my 151st blog post since I started doing this in January 2012! Not too shabby!  Secondly, I may have just found my new favorite restaurant in DC...but I'll talk about that later this week. This dish came about as a result of something I ate at that restaurant and while this was pretty good, I'm no professional.

I was making tacos and wanted a side dish that incorporated some of the same ingredients as were in the tacos since I had a bit more than I really needed, including manchego cheese and fresh corn. What resulted is this!

 

Roasted Corn with Manchego and Lime (serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 6 ears of sweet yellow corn, unhusked
  • 2 TB extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 TB (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
  • Kosher salt
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
  • 1 cup finely grated Manchego cheese
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
  • 2 tsp finely grated lime zest  
Directions:

Preheat oven to 450°. Roast unhusked corn on a baking sheet, turning occasionally, until heated through and crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Shuck corn and cut kernels from cobs. Discard cobs.

Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add corn kernels and sauté until heated through and light-golden in spots, 5-7 minutes. Add butter; stir until melted.

Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer corn to a large wide bowl or deep platter; sprinkle jalapeño and crushed red pepper flakes over. Squeeze lime wedges over; sprinkle with cheese, chives, and lime zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment