Herb Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts (serves 3-4, depending on the size of the breasts, I cut them in half)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oz feta cheese (1/4 cup) crumbled into tiny pieces
- 2 TB chopped fresh parsley (can use dried parsley, just use less)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves)
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz can Italian style diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 TB ripe olives
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice a 3 inch slit in meaty side of each breast to form a pocket.
In a small bowl, combine feta cheese, parlsey, oregano and oil. Mix well and spoon into each pocket. Place on ungreased baking dish.
In another small bowl, combine tomatoes, olives and cornstarch. Mix well. Cover the chicken with this mixture and bake for 35-40 minutes.