3-4 pounds chicken wings, about 3 dozen
- 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TB chili powder
- 2 TB finely ground coffee
- 1 1/2 TB Kosher salt
- 1 TB hot paprika
- 1 TB onion powder
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 1 TB fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crumble it up
- 1/2 Cup rice vinegar
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 TB fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1-3 TB Sriracha hot chili sauce (depending on your spicy tastes)
- 6 TB canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Combine all of the dry rub ingredients in a bowl and dip each chicken wing into the rub. No need to be shy when it comes to piling the rub on, just make sure there is enough to cover all of the wings.
Bake the wings for 40 minutes, turning at the 20 minute mark with a pair of tongs.
In the meantime, combine the sticky sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until mixed. When the wings are almost done baking, heat the sauce in a large sauce pan over high heat for 5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken slightly. Then, place the wings into the pan, coating the wings with the sauce. Keep in heat for a minute or two and then remove. Place chopped cilantro on top for serving.