Tuscan Salmon with Rosemary Orzo (serves 4)
- 6 oz. orzo
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion, divided
- 1 TB chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each), skin on
- 1/4 cup plus 1 TB chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 TB chopped fresh parsley
Cook orzo as directed on package until al dente.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook 1/2 cup onion and rosemary until onion softens, 9 minutes. Combine with orzo in a bowl.
Season salmon with 1 tablespoon basil, salt and pepper. Heat same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook salmon until golden, 5 minutes per side, flesh side down first; set aside.
Add garlic and remaining 1 cup onion to skillet; cook until soft, 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives; cook until tomatoes break up, 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in parsley and remaining 1/4 cup basil. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve fish over orzo; top with tomato mixture.