Friday, June 21, 2013

Freakin' Fantastic Food Friday: Sticky Wings

In my day job, there is a phrase that we often use: Throwback Thursdays. This usually refers to us a revisiting of previously used content on a Thursday. On this, the first day of Summer, I'm kicking off my own little feature for the summer months: Freakin' Fantastic Food Friday. In the year and a half I've had this blog, I have made some amazing dishes that I would make time and time again. But always feeling pressure (of my own, of course!) to make new things and feature new content on this site, I often don't get much of an opportunity to revisit some of those dishes.

So for the summer, I'll be celebrating these awesome dishes when I remake them, sharing a simple link to the original recipe and a new pic of the food. This week I made sticky wings (a recipe from my friend Nick at www.macheesmo.com) for some friends who came over for the True Blood season premiere. This was quite apropos given the stickiness of all the blood we saw on that episode. These sweet and spicy wings always hit the mark. I typically make these during football season, but they are truly enjoyable any day.

Check out the sticky wings recipe: http://sack-smallgirlbigappetite.blogspot.com/2012/02/sticky-wings-super-bowl-sunday-part.html

No comments:

Post a Comment