Monday, August 6, 2012

Easy Stuffed Jalapenos

A few weeks ago, I cooked dinner for my regular True Blood Family Dinner crowd. Usually, we are treated to the fine cooking of my friend from Louisiana who whips up gumbos, po boys, and other Southern specialities better than anyone I've ever met. But for this particular Sunday, I made fish tacos and stuffed jalapenos. The fish tacos I've made several times already and they are always a hit. These jalapenos were a new, quick dish. The hardest part was cutting a dozen jalapenos. These must have been the most potent peppers I've ever worked with as I could not stop the burning sensation in my eyes for a solid 30 minutes while I cut and gutted these. Once you get past that part, these are a piece of cake.

Stuffed Jalapenos (makes 24 poppers)



Ingredients:

  • 12 jalapeno peppers
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 1/2 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2-3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • hot sauce (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and membranes. Combine cheeses and bacon, spoon into the pepper halves and sprinkle with a couple drops of hot sauce, if you want a little extra heat. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment