Monday, July 30, 2012

Peach and Gorgonzola Chicken Pizza

One of my greatest food weaknesses is pizza. In fact, it's my go-to stress food. So since work has been nutty (to put it mildly) for a few weeks now, I found myself going to the local pizza by the slice place in my neighborhood way to much. But for the cost of two of those slices, I could be making a small pizza at home, which lasts a good 3 meals. So here is my attempt at being economical.  Also, it uses my favorite in season fruit of right now...peaches.

Peach and Gorgonzola Chicken Pizza (serves 3)

Ingredients:

  • 1 (10-oz) prebaked thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
  • 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
  • 1 medium unpeeled peach, thinly sliced
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil evenly over crust. Top evenly with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, chicken, Gorgonzola cheese, and peach slices. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 11 minutes or until crust browns.

Place vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 2 TB (about 5 minutes). Drizzle balsamic reduction evenly over pizza. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment